Benefits of Massage
There are so many reasons to get regular massages or even a one-time massage for that matter. Over the past few years many studies have been performed that link a variety of health benefits to both Eastern and Western modalities of massage therapy.
Here are the top 5 reasons you should add massages to your regular health
1. Lowers Blood Pressure - Studies have shown that even one Swedish style massage can leave lasting positive effects on both systolic and diastolic blood pressure in healthy adults.
2. Boosting Immunity - With the cold and flu season upon us, getting regular massages can aid your immune system in fighting off germs. Studies have shown that getting a massage will boost white blood cells which fight infection.
3. Pain Management - Whether you’re suffering from back pain, neck pain, arthritis, or even headaches or PMS, massage has been proven to help.
4. Stress Reduction - After a holiday season full of shopping, traveling, cooking, and more, it's pretty easy to be stressed out. Massage will not only help to keep you relaxed in the short term, but the effects can last. Studies have shown that a massage produces a reduction in the level of cortisol, a stress hormone, in the blood.
5. Overall Health - Okay, this is a bit of a cheat, but in addition to the four benefits mentioned above, massage has also been shown to improve sleep habits, reduce inflammation, improve digestive function, improves posture, and leads to an overall healthier attitude.
With so many benefits, why not start your massage therapy regimen today? Even better, give the gift of massage for any occasion. Your family will not only be thankful, but will be healthier too.
Combination of cupping and electrical stimulation